Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Check-In!

Today was check-in, which took surprisingly less time than I thought it would. We got through it all in about an hour. There, I found out that I will be living in Patterson Court again in a 2-bedroom 5-person apartment. Luckily, I got to the apartment early enough to not have to be in the bunk bed in the other room! Also, I will be working quick service food and beverage at ESPN Wide World of Sports! I am so excited to work here, as I have never even been to this location before. It will definitely be a new experience!

After check-in, we went through casting and got our fingerprints done, as well as the other logistics of being a new hire. We also received our schedules for the week:

Wednesday: Housing Meeting
Thursday: Day Off
Friday: Traditions (first paid day of work)
Saturday & Sunday: Day Off
Monday: Disney University Training Day 1
Tuesday: ESPN Training Day 2

I will be sure to write another post later about the trip down to Disney World. Mongomery, Panama City, Orlando, oh my!


4 comments:

  1. Hi, I just got accepted to the program for spring advantage 2017 as a quick food service member in Orlando. I'm a little concerned on how physically demanding this role is. I've had 3 back surgeries and I just wanted to know if you could tell me some of the tough parts of working this position? Or the program as a whole?
    I'm about to graduate college in December for hospitality so I've worked plenty of f&b before but I prefer the lodging side of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quick Service is bit demanding - you are standing on your feet for the entire 4-14 hour shift and there is some heavy lifting involved. If this is a problem, however, I have heard of cases where the CP was able to work with management and find a less-demanding position (in her case, they moved her to park-ops as a park greeter).

      Delete
  2. How many people apply to the Disney College Program?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the Orlando Sentinel, about 50,000 apply each year (it doesn't specify, but this may include both WDW and DLR), and about 12,000 are accepted. So, about a 25% acceptance rate. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-disney-college-program-20150130-story.html

      Delete