Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 2: Housing Welcome Meeting & DTD

Today was very chill, especially compared to check-in. I was scheduled for a housing welcome meeting at 3pm, so of course I slept in, ate breakfast, and then slept some more. My exhaustion from yesterday seems to have carried over, because I am practically falling asleep at my keyboard.

One of my roommates and I had the same meeting session, so we walked down to the Commons, which is the apartments where it was held. Once we waited in line for about ten minutes, they informed us that they were filled to capacity and that we needed to come back at 4:30pm. Naturally, we were a little annoyed, but then they gave us free DCP beach towels, so I suppose it was ok! Also, when we did come back, our meeting only consisted of about 30 college participants (CPs), as opposed to the hundred or so that it usually contains. To be honest, I thought it was going to be really boring because we go over the community codes, and things of that nature, but our speaker was hilarious, so that made it a lot more entertaining!

After this, we hung out at our apartment for a little while before heading to Downtown Disney. It was a lot bigger than I expected, and I had a blast! Although none of us bought anything because we don't start getting our employee discounts until Thursday... We started off the night will my five roommates and I, and by the time we hopped on a bus around midnight to go back to our apartments, the group had grown to about 14 CPs - it was great to get to know more people. And what are the odds that one of them was from the Seattle area as well! Not to mention the fact that two of my roommates are also from Washington, one just graduated from my university, and two attend it's sister school, BYU-Idaho! Just to be clear, that last sentence singles out three of my five roommates - I didn't know how to phrase it to make that obvious, haha!

And I have tomorrow off, which means I get to sleep in! I may blog tomorrow, or just wait until after traditions on Thursday, I'll decide later. But its nearly 3am, so I'm going to go pass out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment