Saturday, August 3, 2013

Disney Onsite Resident Management System

Well it has been a very stressful week when it comes to my DCP housing situation. First off, my roommate that I originally planned to stay with told me she is no longer doing the program. By this time, DORMS emails were already being sent out, so I was afraid I wouldn't find another roommate in time! I posted on the August 12th arrivals Facebook page, and luckily I had a response. However, when we tried putting each others roommate ID numbers into the corresponding part of the form, it said that it was invalid. I come to find out that we have different departure dates, so we couldn't be roommates. Come to think of it, everyone that I've heard of has a different departure date as me. They all leave January 3rd, and I am January 2nd. Seriously, am I the only one like this?

With only about four hours left to submit the DORMS paperwork, and after a short phone call to the DCP, I had to accept the fact that I could only do random roommate selection. This past year of college, I did this as well, and it worked out great - hopefully I have the same luck! Really, I'm just hoping for someone who doesn't mind that I sleep a lot and that I'm not the tidiest of people when it comes to my bedroom... But I do like doing dishes, so that's a plus!

I requested Vista Way as my first choice, mostly because it is the cheapest and I have low expectations for housing conditions. My college dorms were built in 1953 for crying out loud! Also, I believe I did 2-bedroom as my first preference, 3-bedroom second. It was a pretty simple process other than the whole roommate thing, so I hope check-in goes just as smoothly!

Update - I had emailed Disney about the DORMS situation prior to calling them, but did not expect them to reply in time. Several hours after writing the above blog post, I received a response saying that they would make an exception and link my roommate and I together despite our different departure dates! I'm so excited!

 
Visit my DCP YouTube channel here!

No comments:

Post a Comment