Saturday, August 17, 2013

Day 3-5: Kitchen Sink, Traditions, & Magic Kingdom

I'm starting to understand how people begin to stop blogging once they enter the DCP. I haven't even started training and I barely have time to blog, but I am determined to make time! We all had the day off on Wednesday, so two of my roommates and I caught the bus to the monorail. From there, we visited each of the Disney resorts that the monorail stops at: Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Contemporary. I loved the Polynesian because I truly felt like I was on a Hawaiian vacation! Not to mention the Lilo and Stitch music that played throughout the hotel! Next up was the Grand Floridian. Right from the start, it was as if I was walking through the doors and onto the Titanic - I truly felt like a million bucks! Finally, we hit up the Contemporary for lunch. The coolest part about this resort is that the monorail drops you off inside the resort!

Thursday was Traditions, which is basically an orientation of the Disney company. We watched some informational videos, got a short tour of the tunnels under Magic Kingdom, and received our nametags. Not to mention the fact that Mickey made a surprise visit to our class - it was amazing! And because this was our official first day of work, we received our cast member IDs that get us into the parks for free! Later that night, we met up with a group of friends and headed to Beaches & Cream in the Beach Club resort to take on the world famous kitchen sink! It was a huge bowl filled with eight scoops of ice cream, all the toppings, and an entire can of whipped cream! We ordered three kitchen sinks between the 18 of us, and finished them all in under 15 minutes! Then we walked around the boardwalk before catching the bus and heading home.

Today, we had the day off again and took advantage of our free admission into the parks! I didn't get to the park until a bit after noon, but I was able to ride the Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, and Pirates of the Caribbean. Roller coasters are definitely my thing, so Space Mountain is currently my favorite attraction. I was also able to experience the infamous jumbo turkey leg and pineapple dole whip. I wasn't able to finish the turkey leg, but I'm sure the caloric intake was still ridiculous. After I got home and took a nap, we headed over to the Patterson pool to meet up with some friends. Unfortunately, the swimming was cut short as the lightning and thunder started up after about an hour, but we were still able to hang out for another hour before going home.

And tomorrow is my first day of training, so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment